Neurobionplus
Home About Journal AHEAD OF PRINT Current Issue Back Issues Instructions Submission Search Subscribe Blog    
Login 

Users Online: 1479 
Print this page  Email this page Small font sizeDefault font sizeIncrease font size 
Year : 1987  |  Volume : 21  |  Issue : 2  |  Page : 150-156

Treatment Of Tibial Fractures By Intermittent Compression



Correspondence Address:
S. K Gupta


Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


Rights and PermissionsRights and Permissions

Fortyseven diaphyseal or diaphyseal-metaphyseal tibial fractures in 46 patients were treated by application of long leg groin to toes plaster for 6 weeks, followed by application of plaster gaiter keeping both the knee and ankle joints free for movements. The gaiter was renewed, if necessary, at 6 weekly intervals till union occurred. The treatment was not suitable if there was excessive gap, overriding or rotational deformity of the fragments and angulation at the knee or ankle joints. Treatment was discontinued in delayed union of tibial fracture only if the fibula was intact. The results were excellent in 40 patients (87%) who were treated as fresh cases. The remaining 6 patients (13%) had either prolonged treatment elsewhere or undergone operative treatment. All of them though had less than normal movements at the knee and distal joints, were satisfied with the functional result achieved.


[PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed287    
    Printed20    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded20    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal